Police: 9 folks indicted on a number of fees associated to drug trafficking on Eastern Shore
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
William Carter, WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5
The Maryland State Police on Tuesday launched outcomes of a months-long investigation that led to the indictment of 9 people who find themselves allegedly a part of a big drug trafficking group in two Eastern Shore counties.
The investigation was carried out to look into “information concerning the operation of a drug trafficking organization believed to be distributing large amounts of cocaine, opioids, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamines in Caroline and Dorchester counties and parts of Delaware,” in keeping with a information launch.
Multiple regulation enforcement companies offered help, however the investigation was initiated by the Caroline County Drug Task Force.
Evidence was developed that enabled investigators to acquire 11 search warrants. The properties searched have been situated in Preston, Hurlock, Federalsburg, Lanham and Crofton.
As a results of these search warrants, police recovered over 18 kilograms of cocaine, 2.7 kilograms of heroin/fentanyl, 5.9 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine, 170 kilos of marijuana and roughly 34 firearms together with cash believed to be related to the drug operation.
The fees don’t apply to all 9, however fees embody being a drug kingpin, possession of enormous quantity of managed harmful substance, distribution of enormous quantity of managed harmful substance, distribution of narcotics, use of a firearm in drug trafficking and extra.
All 9 are being held with out bond. The case stays below investigation.
The 9 embody:
– Justin Aaron Spain, 41, of Lanham, Maryland
– Michael Anthony Holland, 36, of Hurlock, Maryland
– Gregory Lovern Williams Jr., 39, of Federalsburg, Maryland
– Margerette Derosiers, 28, of Federalsburg, Maryland
– Andre Luther Woolford, 33, of Hurlock, Maryland
– Joseph Archie Spain III, 44, of Preston, Maryland
– Michelle Lynn Spain, 48, of Preston, Maryland
– James Eugene Simms, 36, of Great Mills, Maryland
– George Alfred Butler, 56, of Federalsburg, Maryland