- You can make a public profile on Snapchat which lets other Snapchatters find and subscribe to your account.
- To make a public profile, open the Snapchat menu from the account icon and then tap Create Public Profile.
- To make a public profile, you need to be at least 18 years old, have one friend who follows you back, and not have any community guidelines violations.
By default, Snapchat is very focused on letting you stay connected with friends, and so strangers can’t find you and most of the content you create is only available to other people you’re already friends with.
If you prefer, though, you can make a public profile on Snapchat. This lets other Shapchatters find you and share your content. It’s a great way to build a fanbase and share content, and you can make your profile public with just a few taps.
What is a public profile on Snapchat?
Snapchat’s public profile is a new setting in the social media app that lets other Snapchat users find you through the app’s search and browse tools, or when your Snaps appear in the Spotlight. You can also share your public profile on other social media platforms, leveraging your fans on other sites to grow a following on Snapchat.
When you make a public profile for your Snapchat account, your stories and other content will be discoverable by all other Snapchatters, whether or not you are already friends. You also have a new way for people to engage with you — instead of becoming friends, other users can subscribe to your account (and you can display your number of subscribers). And you’ll still have the option to separately share content directly with friends, without showing that content to subscribers.
Who can make a public profile on Snapchat?
For the most part, anyone can create a public profile on Snapchat. There are just a few rules and limitations:
- You need to be 18 years or older.
- Your account may not be brand new — it has to be at least 24 hours old.
- You must have at least one friend who has also friended you.
- You must not have any violations of Snapchat’s community guidelines.
In addition, Snapchat has not introduced public profiles in every country, so if you don’t see the option and otherwise meet eligibility criteria, you might live in a region that doesn’t support the feature.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat
It takes just a few moments to make a public profile.
1. Start the Snapchat app and tap your account icon at the top left.
2. In the Public Profile section, tap Create Public Profile.
3. You’ll see a page describing public profiles. Tap Continue (or swipe to the next page), then Get Started.
4. In the pop-up, tap Create.
That’s it — you now have a public profile.
How to edit or delete a public profile on Snapchat
After you create a public profile, you can add or modify your bio, set a location, and show or hide your subscriber account. You can also save stories to your profile and more. Here is how to do that:
1. In the Snapchat app, tap your account icon at the top left.
2. In the Public Profile section, tap My Public Profile.
3. Tap the Settings icon (shaped like a gear) at the top right.
4. On the Manage Public Profile page, you can do any of the following:
- Edit your profile. Tap Edit Profile to change your profile picture, add or edit a bio, and set your location. If you want to make your subscriber count public, swipe the button to the right.
- Save stories to your profile. You can save Snaps to your public profile so anyone will be able to find them. Tap Save a Story to your Profile and select the Snaps you want to make public.
- Share your profile. Tap Share Profile and then, in the pop-up, tap Share Profile URL to copy the Snapcode to the clipboard. You can then share that code in other apps or services.
- Delete your public profile. You can stop using a public profile at any time. Tap Delete Public Profile at the bottom of the screen. This will not affect your usual Snapchat account.