Welcome to the Ravens’ free-agency tracker, which shall be up to date all through the offseason because the roster takes form.
With the NFL’s new league yr starting March 16 at 4 p.m., groups can formally announce signings and trades. Here’s a rundown of who the Ravens have signed up to now and who’s nonetheless on the open market:
Defensive deal with Michael Pierce: The former Ravens starter is returning to Baltimore on a three-year deal, the staff introduced. The deal is value $16.5 million, in accordance with NFL Network. The Minnesota Vikings launched Pierce earlier this week after he made simply eight begins in two seasons. Pierce, 29, signed a three-year, $27 million cope with the Vikings however opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 considerations after which missed 9 video games in 2021 with tricep and elbow accidents.
Safety Marcus Williams: The former New Orleans Saints star finalized a five-year, $70 million deal, giving a proficient Ravens secondary one of many high playmakers on the open market. Williams’ contract is value $14 million yearly, the seventh most amongst NFL safeties, and contains $37 million assured, in accordance with ESPN.
The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Williams, 25, has been one of many NFL’s greatest safeties since arriving in New Orleans in 2017. Over 5 seasons with the Saints, he had 15 interceptions and 38 passes defended.
Offensive deal with Morgan Moses: The Ravens signed Moses to a three-year, $15 million deal, stabilizing a place of want alongside their offensive line. In the 6-foot-6, 318-pound Moses, the Ravens have acquired an imposing veteran who virtually landed on their free-agency radar final yr.
Moses, 31, has been one of many NFL’s most sturdy linemen since Washington drafted him out of Virginia within the third spherical in 2014.
Outside linebacker Za’Darius Smith: The Minnesota Vikings and Smith agreed to phrases on a three-year, $42 million contract Tuesday, lower than every week after a deal to rejoin the Ravens fell by.
Smith, who spent the previous three seasons with the Green Bay Packers, has incentives to earn as much as $47 million over the lifetime of the deal. The Ravens’ preliminary cope with Smith, which fell aside Thursday, was reportedly value $35 million over 4 years, with a most worth of $50 million.
The 29-year-old Smith was a Pro Bowl decide in 2019 and 2020 with a mixed 26 sacks in 32 video games, however he had a significant again harm final season and appeared in just one recreation for the NFC North champions.
With defensive finish Danielle Hunter returning after a torn pectoral muscle restricted him to seven video games in 2021, the Vikings have a pair of confirmed pass-rushers to lean on within the try to prop up a protection that has lagged badly over the past two years. Assistant head coach Mike Pettine was Smith’s defensive coordinator with the Packers in 2019 and 2020.
Cornerback Tavon Young: Young is signing a one-year cope with the Chicago Bears, in accordance with a number of reviews. A 2016 fourth-round decide, Young was launched by the Ravens in a cost-cutting transfer March 9. After an injury-plagued six years in Baltimore, Young entered the offseason as a possible wage cap casualty. He would’ve had a $9.3 million cap hit subsequent season, and his launch saves $6 million in cap area.
In February 2019, lower than two years after Young tore the ACL in his left knee and missed the 2017 season, the Ravens signed him to a three-year, $25.8 million extension that briefly made him the NFL’s highest-paid slot cornerback. That August, the Oxon Hill native had a powerful coaching camp derailed by a season-ending neck harm. A yr later, Young suffered one other torn left ACL in a Week 2 recreation towards the Houston Texans.
Young, 27, appeared in all 17 video games final season, beginning seven, however he performed simply over half of the Ravens’ defensive snaps. He was principally strong in protection, permitting a passer ranking of 85.1, and had two sacks. Still, accidents saved him from recapturing the shape that he flashed early in his profession. A beloved teammate, he leaves Baltimore having performed in 50 profession video games and missed 47.
Cornerback Chris Westry: Westry has signed a one-year cope with the Carolina Panthers, the staff introduced.
The 6-foot-4 Westry impressed in his first Ravens coaching camp final yr and made the staff’s season-opening 53-man roster. But accidents restricted the third-year nook to 6 video games (two begins) final yr, and the Ravens didn’t provide him a restricted-free-agent tender this offseason.
Westry’s departure leaves the Ravens with simply six cornerbacks on their 90-man roster: Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Iman Marshall, Robert Jackson, Kevon Seymour and Kevin Toliver. Only Humphrey and Peters, each recovering from season-ending accidents, have began greater than two video games over the previous two years.
Defensive deal with Justin Ellis: Ellis has signed a one-year cope with the New York Giants, the staff introduced Wednesday.
The 6-foot-2, 350-pound Ellis, referred to as “Jelly,” performed in 34 video games and began eight over his two-plus years in Baltimore. He had 18 tackles and one quarterback hit in 17 video games final season, enjoying 35% of the Ravens’ defensive snaps and serving to them keep one of many NFL’s staunchest run defenses.
In New York, the 31-year-old Ellis will reunite with former Ravens defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale, who now has the identical place on the Giants’ employees. Ellis’ signing comes two days after one other former Ravens defensive lineman, Jihad Ward, additionally joined the Giants.
Ellis’ departure is the primary of doubtless three alongside the Ravens’ defensive position this offseason. Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams are additionally free brokers.
Inside linebacker Chris Board: The Detroit Lions have agreed to phrases with Board on a one-year deal, in accordance with NFL Network. Board, 26, had 94 tackles, 2 ½ sacks and two compelled fumbles in 63 video games with the Ravens enjoying totally on particular groups.
Quarterback Josh Johnson: Johnson has signed with the Denver Broncos, he introduced on Twitter. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.
Johnson, 35, signed off the New York Jets’ observe squad in December as starter Lamar Jackson recovered from an ankle harm, made a shock begin in Week 16 after backup Tyler Huntley examined constructive for the coronavirus. In Johnson’s first begin since 2018, he went 28-for-40 for 304 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in a blowout loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Denver is the 14th NFL franchise that Johnson has performed for in his NFL profession. He completed 2021 with 638 passing yards, 5 touchdowns, two interceptions and 67.1% accuracy.
Center Bradley Bozeman: Bozeman, a constant starter alongside the Ravens’ offensive line who developed into one of many NFL’s higher facilities final season, has agreed to a one-year cope with the Panthers, Carolina introduced. Terms of the deal weren’t introduced.
Cornerback Anthony Averett: Averett has signed with the Las Vegas Raiders, in accordance with his company, Athletes First. The Athletic reported that it’s a one-year deal value $4.5 million.
A 2018 fourth-round decide, Averett entered free company coming off the perfect season of his profession. He allowed a passer ranking of simply 77.5 in protection, in accordance with Pro Football Reference, and had three interceptions and 11 cross defenses after combining for zero and 11, respectively, over his first three seasons.
Averett missed the Ravens’ closing three video games with a fractured rib, however he nonetheless completed the season as one of many NFL’s most focused cornerbacks. According to Sports Info Solutions, quarterbacks went after him 90 instances final yr, fifth most within the league.
Averett was restricted to 30 video games over his first three years in Baltimore, struggling at instances as a reserve cornerback and making a restricted impression on particular groups. But he impressed in coaching camp final yr, when former defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale mentioned Averett had All-Pro expertise. Amid an injruy-plagued season, the 5-foot-11 Averett emerged because the staff’s most dependable cornerback.
He’s the second cornerback to go away Baltimore this season, after the Ravens launched nickelback Tavon Young final week.
Tight finish Eric Tomlinson: After 23 video games in Baltimore, the 29-year-old Tomlinson reportedly agreed to a one-year cope with the Denver Broncos. Originally signed to the Ravens’ observe squad in 2020, the 6-6, 263-pound Tomlinson performed 26% of the offensive snaps whereas receiving Pro Football Focus’ second-highest run-blocking grade amongst 70 qualifying tight ends.
Running again: Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman
Wide receiver: Sammy Watkins
Tight finish/fullback: Patrick Ricard
Offensive line: OT David Sharpe
Defensive line: Calais Campbell, Brandon Williams
Outside linebacker: Justin Houston, Pernell McPhee
Inside linebacker: Josh Bynes, L.J. Fort, Otaro Alaka
Baltimore Ravens Insider
Want the within scoop on the Ravens? Become a Ravens Insider and you will have entry to information, notes and evaluation from The Sun.
Cornerback: Jimmy Smith, Khalil Dorsey
Safety: DeShon Elliott
- Quarterback Joe Flacco, the previous Super Bowl Most Valuable Player who performed 11 seasons with the Ravens, is returning to the New York Jets on a one-year deal value $3.5 million, in accordance with ESPN. Flacco, a New Jersey native who will again up 2020 No. 2 total draft decide Zach Wilson, has began 5 video games for the Jets over the previous two seasons.
- Las Vegas Raiders defensive finish Yannick Ngakoue, a former Maryland star who spent half a season with the Ravens in 2020 after being acquired from the Minnesota Vikings, was traded to the Indianapolis Colts for cornerback Rock Ya-Sin. Ngakoue, 26, had 10 sacks with the Raiders final season after signing a two-year, $26 million deal.
- Tight finish Hayden Hurst, the Ravens’ No. 25 total decide within the 2018 draft, has agreed to a one-year cope with the Cincinnati Bengals, in accordance with his company EnterSports Management. The deal is value $3.5 million with one other $1 million that may be reached with incentives, in accordance with Pro Football Network. Hurst caught 82 passes for 792 yards and 9 touchdowns in two seasons with the Atlanta Falcons after being acquired for a second-round decide.
- Long snapper Morgan Cox, who spent 11 years with the Ravens as a part of the particular groups’ so-called “Wolfpack” alongside kicker Justin Tucker and punter Sam Koch, agreed to a one-year extension with the Tennessee Titans.
- Left deal with Orlando Brown Jr., who was traded from the Ravens to the Kansas City Chiefs final offseason for a bundle of draft picks, was designated with the franchise tag, which is value $16.6 million. Brown, 25, is anticipated to obtain a long-term contract extension from Kansas City earlier than the July 15 deadline.
- Tight finish Maxx Williams, a second-round decide by the Ravens in 2015, re-signed to a one-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals, in accordance with NFL Network.
- Wide receiver Breshad Perriman, a first-round decide by the Ravens in 2015, is returning to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on a one-year deal, in accordance with ESPN.
- Cornerback Darious Williams, who performed three video games with the Ravens in 2018 after signing as an undrafted free agent and gained a Super Bowl with the Los Angeles Rams this previous season, is signing a three-year, $30 million cope with the Jacksonville Jaguars that features $18 million totally assured, in accordance with NFL Network.
- Quarterback Tyrod Taylor, a sixth-round decide by the Ravens in 2011 who spent for seasons as Flacco’s backup, is anticipated to signal a two-year, $11 million cope with a max worth of $17 million with the New York Giants, in accordance with NFL Network.
- The Miami Dolphins signed former San Francisco 49ers operating again Raheem Mostert to a one-year deal value $3.25 million, in accordance with ESPN. Mostert performed seven video games with the Ravens throughout his rookie season in 2015, totally on particular groups, after going undrafted out of Purdue.
March 27-30: Annual league assembly, The Breakers, Palm Beach, Florida.
April 4: Clubs that employed a brand new head coach after the top of the 2021 common season could start offseason exercise applications.
April 18: Clubs with returning head coaches could start offseason exercise applications.
April 22: Deadline for restricted free brokers to signal provide sheets.
April 28-30: NFL draft, Las Vegas.